Croydon College is here to help get you to where you want to be in life. Over 8,000 students choose to study with us each year. We’re one of the largest and most successful providers of Further (college) and Higher (university) Education courses in the South East, judged Good at all levels in all areas by external inspections by Ofsted and the Quality Assurance Agency (for Higher Education).
During the 15 - 18 months of the apprenticeship you will be assigned an Assessor and will work towards the IT technician standard which has highly transferable knowledge, skills and behaviours which can be applied across all sectors. You will also complete a Diploma in IT Level 3.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals.
- Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT equipment, and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
- Assist with the expansion of the school network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment.
- Routine administration including, data backups, Active Directory maintenance.
- Software installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with the school development policy.
- Maintain up to date workstation images and deploying them where necessary.
- Administration and development of Internet, Intranet, Extranet, and E-mail systems, including learning platforms and the school website
- To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels
- To support staff and students with the use of ICT including preparation of booklets and online support, and assisting with inset training where appropriate. Also support with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the school
- Report any detected breach of the school’s ICT acceptable use policy to the ICT Network Manager
- To be aware of the school’s health and safety policy and to assist in carrying out the responsibilities detailed therein
- Maintain stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables.
- GCSEs A-C, including English and Maths
- To have an interest in IT
- Be committed to a long term apprenticeship programme
- You may be required to complete Literacy, Numeracy and IT Functional Skills (this will be determined by existing qualifications).
Register your interest below, or contact Gurvinder.Doal@croydon.gov.uk